All babies love the sound of their parents’ voices, especially when they sing. Even if you don’t view yourself as the best singer, don’t let that stop you from serenading your little one…trust me they will think you are a rockstar! Your baby will love to hear you sing no matter what! There are the standard lullabies which come in handy when trying to rock your baby to sleep and the array of children’s songs, but today I want to focus on music outside of the normal “baby” bubble. No one said that you can’t sing songs of your preference to your baby. In fact, most children set their first musical preferences off of what their parents listen to. So here is a list of 10 songs that utilize the word “baby” either frequently or in a fun way. Try them out and see if your baby responds to them! I can tell you from experience that my child has approved them all!
1. Be Bop a Lula, Gene Vincent (1956)
2. Maybe Baby, Buddy Holley & the Crickets (1957)
3. Don’t Say Nothing Bad About My Baby, the Cookies (1963)
4. My Baby Does the Hanky Panky, Tommy James & the Shondells (1964)
5. Push It, Salt N Peppa (1987)- Just try to singing the Ooh Baby Baby part of that song to a baby… give baby a little dance at the same time!
6. Always Be My Baby, Mariah Carey (1996)
7. Hit Me Baby One More Time, Brittney Spears (1998)
8. Baby Bye Bye Bye, N’SYNC (2000)
9. Hey Baby, No Doubt (2001)
10. Baby, Justin Bieber (2010)